|“||[Slow Down] is basically about having that moment—that one night that you don't want to end.||”|
– Selena Gomez talks about "Slow Down"
The song was produced by The Cataracs and David Kuncio, and infuses EDM elements in its instrumentation. Lyrically, the song speaks of slowing down time and living in one, magical moment on the dance floor.
On June 3, 2013, during a live chat on her YouTube channel, Gomez revealed that her debut solo studio album would be titled Stars Dance, and also revealed the album's track listing and cover art. During the same chat, the singer announced she would release "Slow Down" as the second single from the album, after "Come & Get It", and that fans would be able to download the song right after pre-ordering the album on iTunes. On August 13, the song was sent to mainstream radio in the United States, while a digital remixes EP was released the following week on Amazon.com. On September 6, a digital EP with "Lover in Me", "I Like It That Way" and the Cosmic Dawn remix of "Come & Get It" as b-sides, was released through iTunes in some countries including Brazil, Norway, and Vietnam. The EP will be released in the United Kingdom on December 8.
The song was written by Lindy Robbins, Julia Michaels, Niles Hollowell-Dhar, David Kuncio and Freddy Wexler and was produced by both Hollowell-Dhar, under the production team pseudonym The Cataracs, and Dave Kuncio. "Slow Down" is a high-octane, uptempo dance-pop and EDM song, that has been described as "wobbly club thumper" by Robert Copsey of Digital Spy. It features a dubstep pre-chorus, funk guitars, a four on the floor beat, and a spoken word outro. Lyrically, the song speaks of not wanting a night to end, with Gomez singing, "Can we take it nice and slow, slow / Break it down and drop it low, low / Cause I just wanna party all night in the neon lights 'til you can't let me go." It is written in the key of C# minor. Gomez's vocals span from the low note of B3 to the high note of C♯5.
The music video was recorded on 25th and 26th of May 2013 in Paris, France. The music video was released on July 20, 2013.
- Gomez performed "Slow Down" at the MuchMusic Headquarters on May 30, 2013 in Toronto, Canada.
- She performed the song at the 103.3 Macy birthday bash.
- She performed the song at the Macy 4th of July special event.
- She performed the song on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on July 24, 2013.
- She performed the song on Good Morning America and Live with Kelly and Michael on July 26, 2013.
- "Slow Down" was also performed in the Stars Dance Tour in all tour events.
- She performed the song on Surprise, Surprise on September 20, 2013.
- She performed the song in The View on October 17, 2013.
- She performed the song in The Late Show with David Letterman on October 17, 2013.
- She performed the song on The X Factor on November 14, 2013.
- She performed the song at Z100's Jingle Ball on December 13, 2013.
- Gomez has stated numerous times that this track is her favorite from the Stars Dance album.
- ↑ YouTube - Selena Gomez - Stars Dance Track By Track
- ↑ Webcitation - Slow Down
- ↑ Selena Gomez Reveals 'Stars Dance' Album Cover and Track List, Premieres 'Slow Down'" - Billboard.
- ↑ Selena filming the "Slow Down" music video
- ↑ Gomez performing Slow Down
- ↑ Gomez performing Slow Down at the Macy birthday bash
- ↑ Selena performing Slow Down at Macy's 4th of July special
|!||This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|