Miley Ray Cyrus (born: Destiny Hope Cyrus; November 23, 1992) is an American actress & singer-songwriter. Born and raised in Franklin, Tennessee, she held minor roles in the television series Doc and the film Big Fish in her childhood. Cyrus became a teen idol for her portrayal of the starring character Miley Stewart in the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana in 2006; her father Billy Ray Cyrus additionally starred in the show. Cyrus subsequently signed a recording contract with Hollywood Records; her debut studio album Meet Miley Cyrus (2007) was certified triple-platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for exceeding three million shipments. Cyrus released her second album Breakout and launched her film career as a voice actress in the animated film Bolt in 2008.
Cyrus starred in the feature film Hannah Montana: The Movie and began cultivating a maturing image with her EP The Time of Our Lives in 2009. In 2010, she released her third album Can't Be Tamed, which stands as the lowest-selling record of her career, and starred in the coming-of-age film The Last Song. During the production of the movie, she began an on-again, off-again relationship with her co-star Liam Hemsworth. Cyrus focused on her acting career with several television and film appearances in 2011 and 2012. in 2013 she released her fourth album Bangerz, her first under her recording contract with RCA Records. Cyrus' independently-released fifth studio album Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz (2015) deviated from her traditional pop style for more psychedelic experimentation. In 2016, she was announced as a coach for the eleventh season of the singing competition series The Voice.
With Bangerz, Cyrus achieved her third number-one album on the U.S. Billboard 200, and fifth overall including the soundtrack albums for Disney's Hannah Montana series. She has logged eight top 10 entries on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 with "Malibu", "See You Again", "7 Things", "The Climb", "Party in the U.S.A.", "Can't Be Tamed", "We Can't Stop" and the chart-topping
She is Selena Gomez's friend. Cyrus and Gomez both worked on the hit series Hannah Montana, Cyrus playing the lead character, Hannah Montana, and Gomez playing Mikayla. Also, Cyrus and Gomez collaborated on a song for Disney's Friends for Change called "Send It On", along with collaborating with other Disney artists such as The Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato. The two have been seen at various events together. It is unknown if they are still in contact today.
Relationship with Selena
- In 2009 or 2010, Selena and Miley were reportedly having a "feud". Although, Selena has stated otherwise.
- they have recorded the song Send It On together with Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers.
- On Selena's first day on the Disney set, she tripped and fell. Miley stood up for her.
- They have both dated Nick Jonas.
- Selena, Demi & Miley used to be really good friends & they still are.
- Concerning the release of Wrecking Ball, Selena urged her fans not to judge Miley: “Society judges people only on the outside. If you actually pay attention to the music, you'll see how talented she is."
- Miley bought Selena's single Come & Get It on iTunes.
- December 10, 2013 - Miley tweeted Selena.
- in a 2016 interview with Elle Magazine, Selena confirmed that she actually enjoys Miley's music and considers her a friend, but doesn't know if she feels the same way.
- May 31, 2017 - In a radio interview, Selena stated she loved Miley's single Malibu. 
- November 19, 2017 - Miley wished Selena good luck on her American Music Awards performance.
- June 15, 2018 - Miley Defended Selena After Dolce & Gabbana Designer Called Her Ugly.
- Miley is Native American.
- Miley has 4 siblings Noah Cyrus, Trace Cyrus, Brandi Cyrus, and Braison Cyrus.
- Miley is the youngest female artist to sell 100 Million pure record sales.
Miley with Selena
- ↑ Selena talking about Miley
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MileyCyrus/status/341622724218724352
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MileyCyrus/status/410298918056894464
- ↑ "Selena Gomez On Justin Bieber: "I'm So Exhausted. I Honestly Am So Done"" - ELLE
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MileyWWTrends/status/869992344090759169?s=20
- ↑ #GarageCleanout'@selenagomez fitting when she’s like.... 10! Have a gr8 performance tonight! - Twitter @MileyCyrus
- ↑ "Miley Cyrus Defends Selena Gomez After Dolce & Gabbana Designer Calls Her Ugly" - Cosmopolitan