|“||Selena's going to be a big sister, and I want to be around for that. Everything about her—she has a great soul, she's talented, she's beautiful, and she will always be really, really close to my heart.||”|
– Demi Lovato in an interview with MTV
Demetria Devonne "Demi" Lovato (born August 20, 1992) is an English-American/Irish-American/Mexican-American/Portuguese-American/Jewish-American actress, singer-songwriter, author, entrepreneur & philanthropist. She made her debut as a child actress in Barney & Friends. In 2008, she came to prominence as a starring cast member in the television film Camp Rock. She signed to Hollywood Records the same year, and released her debut studio album Don't Forget in September 2008. In 2009, Lovato was commissioned for her own television series Sonny With a Chance.
Lovato is one of Selena Gomez's ex-best friends. The two co-starred in the Disney Channel movie Princess Protection Program in 2009. They have also recorded two songs together, "One and the Same" (from Princess Protection Program) and "Send It On" (also with Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers).
In 2008, they started a YouTube channel called, "The Demi + Selena show"
Relationship with Demi
- Demi tweeted once that she loves Selena Gomez's new song, "Come & Get It".
- Demi said that one time Selena and Demi have goofed around on the Fourth of July. "We went into Target on the Fourth of July and we were speaking in British accents asking everyone why they were wearing red, white and blue," she recalls.
- Selena and Demi were not close in 2010 and 2011. On May 14, 2013, Demi discussed their relationship. "We've been through a lot together," she said during her Live From MTV special on Tuesday, May 14. "We've had periods of time where we grew apart and we just didn't really talk. But now we're in a place where I think we realized that life is so short, and that when you have people in your life that love you so much, then you should just always be around them."
- In an interview with Total Girl in 2010, Selena said, "Me and Demi have been friends since we were six years old. We have much mutual admiration."
- The both worked together on a show called Studio DC: Almost Live.
- Demi talked about her relationship with Selena in an interview.
- When Demi and Selena were still infamous, they traveled together to Austin, Texas to go to a Disney Channel talent search. Demi shared to Twist, "On the way, we stopped for strawberry milk shakes and drank them in the car. When we were done, my older sister Dallas threw hers out the car window. The window [she threw the milkshake on] happened to be [closed], so the milkshake came into the car and splattered all over me and Selena!"
- Selena told MTV News in 2009 or 2008 that she wanted Demi to guest-star on Wizards of Waverly Place.
- In an interview with The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Demi said that she and Selena "totally act like kids when we're around each other."
- In an interview with Teen Magazine, Selena said that she loved and cared about Demi.
- In an interview with J-14, Demi said that she and Selena always borrowed each others clothes.
- Demi tweeted how excited she was for Selena because she was a big sister to Gracie Elliot Teefey.
- Selena talked about Demi in an interview with J-14. "Demi's the kind of person who is honest with me and there to support me and tell me 'Don't listen to that. Know who you are.' And that really means a lot to me," she says.
- Demi talked about Selena as well in an interview with J-14. She says, "I think the toughest thing for me is being able to tell myself I'm beautiful. Selena helped me with growing up and dealing with a changing figure and face. She's always been there [for me]."
- Demi wants to create a band featuring Selena, Miley Cyrus, and Taylor Swift. Demi said, "It would never happen, but I'd form a group featuring me, Miley, Selena, and Taylor. That would be pretty epic."
- In a radio interview, Selena said, " I think what people forget is that [Demi]’s actually been there for me, too. I’ve known her since she was 7. I will always cherish her — she’s like my sister."
- On December 30, 2013, Selena posted a picture of her on Instagram Taylor Swift, and Demi talking to each other via FaceTime.
- On December 29, 2013, a fan tweeted a picture of Demi and Selena when they were young, working together on the set of Barney & Friends. Demi responded saying, "Oh my god...yes!"
- On January 7, 2014, Selena and Demi ate dinner together at Tequilas Restaurant. Coincidentally, that day was the wake of the arrest of Selena's ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber.
- In an interview with E! News on February 7, 2014, Demi said, "Selena is, I’ve known her for 14 years and we’ve been best friends. That’s all of her business, and I just want to let her do her thing. And yeah, she’s amazing. I love her."
- On February 28, 2014, Demi tweeted that she is "so proud" of Selena.
- Selena and Demi created a show called "The Demi and Selena Show" on YouTube,
- While accepting her Young Visionary Award, Selena thanked Demi in her acceptance speech, saying, "I’m thankful for you, [Demi]. You inspire me everyday. I hope together we can inspire people to focus on what’s really important."
- She unfollowed Selena on Instagram
- In interview they asked why she unfollowed her, she [Demi] said: People Change And People Grow Up.
- Similar to Selena, Demi is of Mexican descent.
- Demi tweeted that she loved Selena's new single fetish. Selena replied by referring to Sorry Not Sorry. 
- Selena commented on an Instagram post of Demi's Simply Complicated Documentary. 
- Demi and Selena reunited in a picture at the InStyle awards after years.